Thursday, 8 May 2008

Design Process

Poster Design (Pebble, jar, sand story)






































Feedback given after presentation to group:
Triptych idea - design on 3 panels showing different parts of the story
DIY kit - let them do it themselves so they really understand the story (very good idea!)


Humorous range of cards



















Feedback given after presentation to group:
The group really liked them and thought they worked really well, especially the 'Great Growth', 'You have amazing vision' and 'You're a source of inspiration' designs. They weren't very impressed with the font (Mousse) but liked the white backgrounds

Another suggestion was to design labels to stick on items and give them at training etc for extra impact


Bra Cards























































Feedback given after presentation to group:
The group agreed with me that the boobs in the bras made the cards too graphic (almost pornographic) and distracted the viewer from the message. I want the message to be the main thing and just 'supported' by the image to make it more comical and therefore memorable.

The bra designs were much better. The 'Good Look' card didn't work, mainly because of the image being too obscure. I sourced all the images from the Google and from Stock Photography websites. I will take my own photographs for the real cards but I wanted to know which would be the most successful before beginning that process.

It was suggested to use a finer font that was more delicate. All members of the group felt that the Myriad font used was too common and not feminine enough.


Tutorial

I showed Patrick my latest design (we've decided to 'stretch' to 9 designs so there is room for any unpopular cards!












The designs were received well, and the font much more appropriate (CAC Champagne). We discussed how I'd change the pictures to be my own photographs (the stretch image is my own).


Next Step

I will take all my bras into the photographic studio and take photos of the bras once I know which designs are the most popular - which I will know after the questionnaire. Christine is holding a talk at a managers meeting for Weekenders - a perfect target group! I'm going to ask for each member to look at the worked up designs and complete a questionnaire. This should give valuable insight!

No comments: